Customer Service Guarantee Waiver
Please read the following information carefully and in its entirety. It contains important information about your rights and protections under the Telecommunications (Customer Service Guarantee) Standards 2011 (CSG) that you are agreeing to waive to receive our service. In return we are able to offer you significantly cheaper call costs and or free or reduced installation cost.
We have summarised the Customer Service Guarantee Standard 2011 on our website.
Part 5 of the CSG Standard allows EscapeNet to propose that you waive the protections and rights provided for under the CSG Standard for the service.
The following is an explanation of the protections and rights afforded to you under the CSG Standard.
- The CSG requires carriage service providers to at least every two years give written information to each customer about:
- The performance standards that apply to supply of specified services;
- the obligations of the provider under those standards;
- the customer's entitlements to damages under the Act for contravention of
- the performance standards; and
- on request, provide information to the customer about a performance standard.
- Maximum connection time frames
- Maximum time frames for repairing faults
- Criteria for making, changing and missing appointments
- Compensation levels for failure to meet timeframes
Connection type Community location Community size
(no. of people)
Connection time (after receipt of customer's application) In-place connection All All within 2 working days No in-place connection (but close to available infrastructure) Urban Equal to or more than 10,000 people within 5 working days Major rural Between 2,500 and 10,000 people within 10 working days Minor rural and remote Up to 2,500 people within 15 working days No in-place connection (and not close to available infrastructure) Urban Equal to or more than 10,000 people One calendar month Major rural Between 2,500 and 10,000 people One calendar month Minor rural and remote Up to 2,500 people One calendar month
Community location Community size
(no. of people)
Repair time Urban Equal to or more than 10,000 people End of next working day after report Rural Between 200 and 10,000 people End of second working day after report Remote Up to 200 people End of third working day after report
Appointment period Definition of missed appointment Four hours or less Technician does not attend within 15 minutes of the appointment period Between four and five hours Technician does not attend within the appointment period
Customer type Services delayed Compensation for first 5 working days (per working day) Compensation after first 5 working days (per working day) Residential/ Charity Connection or repair of standard telephone service $14.52 $48.40 Connection or repair of enhanced call handling features to an existing service $7.26 $24.20 Connection or repair of two or more enhanced call handling features to an existing service $14.52 $48.40 Not keeping an appointment $14.52 for each missed appointment Business Connection or repair of the standard telephone service $24.20 $48.40 Connection or repair of enhanced call handling features to an existing service $12.10 $24.20 Connection or repair of two or more enhanced call handling features to an existing service $24.20 $48.40 Not keeping an appointment $24.20 for each missed appointment
- The above mentioned CSG performance standards will not apply if you accept this waiver. In addition if you accept this waiver you will forgo any rights to compensation afforded to you under the CSG. You are agreeing that you are not able to make a claim to us for compensation if the performance standards under the CSG are not met.
- In accepting to waive your rights and protections under the CSG we can provide you with the service. Providing you with this service is conditional on you acceptance of this waiver.
- Your acceptance of this waiver takes effect immedeately days from the date that you agree to it, unless you signup over the phone, in which a 5 day cooling off period applies. If you withdraw your waiver we are unable to provide you with the service.
You agree that you have read this document in its entirety and that;
- you understand the rights and protections as described in the CSG and
- that you are waiving those rights and protections under the CSG standard
- and that you are agreeing to waive those rights and protections voluntarily and freely.
If you have any queries or complaints about the waiver proposed by us, please feel free to contact us on 1300 135 253 to discuss with one of our customer support officers or email us on email@example.com