Security is an important aspect of keeping you valuable information private and from making sure that no unauthorised usage of your account occurs. You are responsible for the privacy and security of your computer, hardware, network etc.
- You agree that you are responsible for the security of your account information, passwords and data. If you believe that a breached has occurred and the service is not been used as per our agreement you must notify us.
- You are also responsible for the security and privacy of your computer networks, data stored on your network or access to your network through the service provided. We cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you due to your failure to provide that security.
- Security of wireless computer connection devices is your responsibility and you must ensure that unauthorised interception cannot occur. We are not liable for any losses you may incur as a result of an unsecure device.
- You agree to minimise the risk to any service provided to you by installing and maintaining firewall and antivirus software and application of operating system and application software patches and updates.
- Never reveal your username or passwords to anyone.
Ensure that you have secured all your devices, hardware or network at all times.
We have complied some information for you but this is by no means extensive. There are many products on the market and we suggest that you do your research when purchasing products to make sure it meets your needs.
- We suggest that you use WPA2 security on any 802.11 WiFi network you use while using our service.
- To stop unauthorised access to your WiFi network by others, you have to have a strong password. Do NOT disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password contact us on 1300 135 235 and we will be able to assist you.
- We also suggest that you use MAC filtering to only allow authorised devices on your network. Your WiFi device manaufacturer will be able to advise you on how to implement MAC filtering.
A firewall is a device or software which prevents hosts on the Internet from unsolicited contact to your computer. Every ADSL and NBN router has an in-build firewall. We also offer a 'Secure 3G' and 'Secure Dial-up' product which performs the Firewall function in our network so you need not install any software. We recommend all utilise a router or our network based Firewall rather than Firewall software.
Anti-Virus applications are available to prevent installation of unauthorised software on your computer which may damage your computer or reveal your private information to 3rd parties. We scan all inbound email for viruses before delivering them to your mailbox. Much of the anti-virus software available is poorly written and often causes problems with computers (such as blocking access to the Internet) so care must be taken when using these applications. We recommend the F-Secure anti-virus suite of software.